Pensacola Business Radio-1.7.16
Guests: Carl Quesinberry and Mandy Fernandez / Florida Small Business Development Center (better know as the SBDC) at UWF, Travis Mattair / Unlimited Training Academy
Business Growth Consultant
Mandy Fernandez / Small Business Development Center
Office and Marketing Manager
When Carl joined the Florida SBDC at the University of West Florida in November 2013, he already had over twenty five years of business advisory and consulting experience from the private sector. Carl holds a B.S.B.A. in Finance from the University of Central Florida and a MSA in Acquisition and Contract Administration from the University of West Florida. He is currently working on his PhD in economic development from the University of Southern Mississippi. His expertise is facilities & location strategy, strategic planning, project management and operations optimization are his main areas of expertise. Carl also holds various professional certifications and licenses.
Mandy Fernandez joined The Florida SBDC at the University of West Florida in January 2014. Her previous experience includes supporting the office of The UWF Division of Student Affairs and serving as Marketing Coordinator/Conference Planner for the Alabama Association of School Boards. Prior to that, Mandy clerked for the mayor and city council members of Moraine, Ohio and served as Marketing Coordinator for the franchise company Smoothie King in New Orleans. Mandy has a B.A. in English with a minor in technical writing from Southeastern Louisiana University. She is currently pursuing her Masters degree in Strategic Communication and Leadership at the University of West Florida. Mandy is passionate about markeing and outreach. She is a big supporter of local businesses and enjoys writing business and human interest features in her spare time. She has been published in the “Pensacola News Journal,” “Women in Higher Education,” “Northwest Florida Daily News,” “Pensacola Magazine,” and other local and even national media.
FSBDC at UWF
The Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at UWF provides tools, training and resources to help entrepreneurs in every stage of business and all industry sectors grow and succeed. We specialize in growth acceleration, government contracting services, international trade, business continuation and more.
- Who – The Florida SBDC at UWF is part of a statewide service network of more than 40 centers that offer consulting and educational services to small business owners. We are based in the University of West Florida’s College of Business.
- What – Motivated entrepreneurs and emerging business owners have access to our team of experienced and credentialed business consultants and specialists to help accelerate business growth and expansion. Our consultants bring local businesses access to a network of state and national experts and resources needed to compete in today’s global marketplace.
- Why – When local area businesses thrive, our economy thrives. Everyone wins. Our role is to assist in Florida’s economic development by helping entrepreneurs in every stage of the business life cycle. We help business owners in their sound decisions in a complex, ever-changing market.
- When – Since 1976, Florida’s SBDC Network has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Where – We maintain full-service offices in Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach and Panama City, supporting the following counties: Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Bay, Gulf, Calhoun, Jackson, Washington and Holmes.
- How – We are funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the Network’s and our lead host institution and direct supporter. We utilize the expertise and resources of UWF, College of Business, and the Association of SBDC’s on a local, regional and national level to best meet the needs of our clients.
FSBDC at UWF
9999 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL 32514
Travis Mattair / Unlimited Training Academy
Unlimited Training Academy located in Pensacola, FL, is a 10,000 Sq ft indoor, multi-use turfed facility. Baseball, softball, soccer; really anything that needs a gigantic, open, air-conditioned space is welcome. Private hitting, fielding, catching and pitching lessons, given by former professional and college players are available. Teams and individuals can come rent out any of our 5 batting cages. UTA has youth travel baseball teams as well! Camps and Clinics for all ages, including high school, are put on throughout the year. Travis “Moose” Mattair, formerly of the Philadelphia Phillies and Cincinnati Reds, along with Savanna and Bryant Richards, bring a strong desire to build, grow and nurture the athlete in everyone. The focus of UTA goes beyond athletics; it has a strong focus on education, faith, and confidence. UTA provides the best training/instruction in the Greater Pensacola Area. The trainers at UTA know they are role models first and trainers second. UTA provides a positive, encouraging and welcoming environment to train. Come and see with your own eyes the Unlimited possibilities that the UTA facility provides!
We provide the best athletic training, and will continue to push athletes to reach their full potential. We do all this in a positive environment, while keeping a focus on education and faith! We strive to help athletes become positive, confident individuals!